Thursday, November 1, 2012

I survived Halloween without candy

This has been my first Hallween ever without eating a single candy. Wow was it hard. I looked into my daughters candy bucket, amazed at the colors and smells. I admit I did smell her Kit Kat bar and allowed my mind to do the rest about pretending I was eating it. I think it helped to fend off the cravings. Success!!

My Mom is in the habit of these large "family suppers" every Thursday night, though. Essentially it is a Holiday dinner every Thursday night. Last week I was on Day 2 of the ASAP regimen which allowed for "eating whatever you can't have" during Days 3-21. But I still remained vigilant about my plate and only had a little roast beef and potatoes.

This time, a BIG HONKING TURKEY DINNER!

I skipped lunch in preparation for spacing out my calories.
What was on my plate? One large slice of white meat (less fat? seemed dry so I assumed it was), 1/4 cup green beans, 3 Tbs. of mashed potatoes, 1/4 cup fruit salad (only fruit), 1/2 cup GF stuffing, about 3 Tbs. of cornstarch gravy.

I am very proud of myself!

This morning on the scale I weighed in at 158.5 (Day 7 and 6.5 pounds lost)!


Hooray for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment