Saturday, November 17, 2012

Starting maintenance phase of ASAP, avoiding sugar and starch

I am on my third day of maintenance now and my weight has been across the board. On my final day of ASAP, my weight was 153. On my first day of maintenance, it was 155 (I had tuna casserole for dinner and pumpkin pie... BIG NO NOs..) My energy level plummeted after I ate and I just wanted to curl up and go to bed at like 7pm! I woke up that day at 9am, so there was no reason for it other than my  body shutting down by having to process all that sugar.

Yesterday I woke up with the scale reading 156 after breakfast (I usually weigh first thing in the morning since it gives me the most optimistic results).

So yesterday I only had coffee for breakfast, 2 apples and beyond tangy tangerine for lunch, and a small square of casserole for dinner with the rest of my supplements. Today I weighed in at 153!... So I am a little confused what my results have been.I think its safe to say 153-155, which would  be 10-12 pounds off in 3 weeks!

I am thinking I haven't been drinking enough water on my final days of ASAP so my  body started to store it. Yesterday I drank plenty and this morning I was pleased with my weigh in.

I have been checking measurements too and everyday they have been the same except my waist after I  had that casserole on my first day was a .5" bigger until it all got digested.

We got the SlenderFX Chocolate shake in the mail a few days ago so I will start taking that instead of lunch. This is how I like to make it:

1 cup almond milk
2 scoops mix
1.5 cup ice
1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
 BLEND until smooth

I think I will opt out of the peanut butter if I am gaining too fast. And perhaps use water instead of almond milk. Either way I like to give it volume by blending it. And since I have those sweet drops maybe I'll add some english toffee to it. That flavor is my new fav.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon it was really nice reading about your asap journey. Its really unfortunate that there's not too much blogs or personal stories on the internet about the product. None the less, I'm starting the program and would like to know how life has been since; my biggest worry is gaining back all the weight I have been working so hard to loose once I finish the maintenance. Have you been able to keep the weight off? How has your metabolism been? Would love to get an update from you!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! sorry I never replied! I did gain some of the weight back but I was in a very stressful time of my life and I was not adhering to the maintenance phase or rules. I am about to embark on the 6 week program again this weekend and would love to know if you are still doing it also!

      Delete