Sunday, November 4, 2012

My "Notice Number" - Losing Weight But No One Notices

There is something to be said about losing weight and having it come full circle. My partner says he notices, but I've also told him, so that's to be expected. But what about when you lose weight and no on notices? I suppose I'm still only 5% down in weight, so that's not going to be an extreme change.

Even the slight Japanese woman who works across my mother on the weekends was sure to notice I thought. She's the only one I know gutsy enough to say when I'm getting smaller or bigger. Was there a special "notice number" where all my hard work would go recognized?

But there was nothing! When I got home I looked in the mirror. I guess I was wearing like 3 layers of clothing, but still to ME I looked smaller. So what's the deal, why do I need to have outside acknowledgement?The weight loss won't be any more real because someone tells me "good job." Maybe I'm better suited for Weight Watchers?

When I really think about it, I am not losing weight for them. I am doing it for me. And this morning I actually looked cute coming out of bed with my hair messed up, no bra and mascara residue smudged on my eyelids.

I am very aware that this is the half-way point. I figured there would be something my mind would invent to stall me. I am going to look at it objectively, though and move forward. I know that people don't like to talk about weight because its a sensitive subject. I know they can tell something is different but maybe not that I lost weight, I just look better for some reason. And if they do decide to "bring it up" I will take my opportunity to disclose my success. I guess this is blog is my main motivator. If others are thinking about doing ASAP or an other weight loss journey, it is very helpful to have a place to talk about it, diary/journal/blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment