Friday, August 23, 2013

Down into the half pound days, Day 13, down 9 pounds

I am still using my analog scale and the needle was pointing on the left side of the 156, so I THINK that means a little less but for now I will still log it as 9 pound, not 9.5 pound loss.

I have been maintaining a 700 cal diet and taking in more calories for days that I exercise.

Yesterday I had a bit of a cheat day in regards to food choice. I had a vanilla skinny latte from Starbucks and 100 cal popcorn bag for a snack after a long day out of the house wherein I only ate a handful of veggies/apple for breakfast.

I also walked that am.

I wonder how effective this diet would be if I was eating within the calories BUT I was also not eating the recommended food list. I know the diet is meant to make sure your body has the nutrients it needs without added carbs so your body works off your bodyfat and not your food alone.

I think being 1/3 of the way there and reading things on myfitnesspal is confusing me! Many people say that as long as you subscribe to a specific caloric deficit that results will come. If I can have a skinny latte instead of salad I would! But of course my body will suffer.

I have also been making sure to stay active. I'm walking about 3 days a week with the occasional evening hoop session. After measuring today I was somewhat afraid that I would be stuck in a plateau breaking diet for the remaining 40 days. What if I only lose when I have an apple day??? I don't want to be doing those over and over! I will not! I suppose if I plateau again after tomorrow I will follow the diet to a T and see if that works. Perhaps my method from round 1 was better? No bread, 3 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 proteins?? I certainly felt more full and satisfied!

What's on my plate for today? Coffee breakfast then I'll boil a couple eggs as snacks for later (I loooove hardboiled eggs with a smidge of mustard, salt, pepper!). 

I can't wait to get my ketostix to see if my body is actually in ketosis! I hope they come today!

2 comments: