Monday, August 12, 2013

Switching away from gluten free ASAP to traditional

I was satisfied with my results last time, around 15-20 pounds in 3 weeks was great! But I did it a little bit differently, I did 3, 3, 2, 1... so instead of what the diet calls for (2 veggies, 2 fruits, 2 protein, 2 grain) I did (3 veggies, 3 fruits, 2 proteins, 1 grain). I found some plain breadsticks to replace the melba toast because I found them absolutely revolting. The packaging made the crackers smell like plastic, yuck! I couldn't do it at all. I'll stick to single servings of saltine crackers or 2 breadsticks, roughly 50 calories which will keep me in line for the caloric side of things.

I was concerned before about keeping my milk supply up, which I was perfectly capable of doing! However this time I am more concerned with getting results. I will still breastfeed and I don't care either way if my milk goes because Willow is 16 months now! And honestly she doesn't even really feed on me but mostly just plays these days and I'm a pacifier for bedtime.

The major issue with me before was toxicity in my breastmilk. Since I'm losing weight then there must be toxins in the milk, right? Well I figure some women lose up to 60 pounds in 2 months if they have the right metabolism. I am not doing nearly that amount of weight loss and the doctors don't recommend against that so what I'm doing should be fine too.


I have a friend that invited me to walk with her in the mornings but I don't think I should be exerting myself by taking an almost 3 mile walk everyday and it sucks because I realllly want to! But I know if I do that I'll be hungry and my willpower will weaken. I will do it once a week and after the 6 weeks I'll do it with her everyday! Can't wait for that!! I can imagine the pep in my step 30 pounds lighter! Wow, I might want to run! No wonder people who are losing weight eventually become runners. After carrying around so much weight it must feel natural to move faster and faster!

So my diet currently is like this:

morning: coffee with stevia drops, Beyond tangy tangerine 1 scoop

snack: beef jerky 1 oz/egg

lunch: lettuce/salt/pepper/lemon juice/mushrooms/celery/pepper (small serving of all to equal 1 portion), apple or orange, beyond tangy tangerine 1 scoop, EFA 2x

snack: seltzer water with stevia drops

dinner: progresso soup (beef and veggie or some other non-dairy/grain type), beyond tangy tangerine 1 scoop with plant derived minerals, osteo fx, EFA 2x

dessert: handful of strawberries

When I get hungry I tell myself my body can live 3 weeks without food and I am complaining about 2 hours... haha... if I am weak or feeling tired I take the ASAP (B vitamins to the rescue!) or take BTT a little earlier. All day I have a cup around to sip on the BTT and that definitely helps. I would not ever do this diet without the Youngevity supply or some other similar product.

2 comments:

  1. Bread, milk, some fruits are contains hidden sugar. We should aware with them too.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I have to maintain a balanced diet, however. I am avoiding ALL added sugar and sticking to the mildly fructose-filled fruits, avoiding my favorites (stone fruits) until the diet is over.

      Delete