Friday, August 16, 2013

Plateau Breaking Day @ 160lb., 5 down, day 6

So after a nice 5 pound loss I stepped on the scale today and saw the same numbers. Time to cut through it!

I was feeling very tired last night before bed and I think I had too much beef jerky over the course of the day because in the morning I was all dry mouthy, yuck! Dehydration is still possible when drinking loads of water I guess. It is the coffee that was working against me!

I went for a rather vigorous walk while holding 25 pound Willow in a front baby carrier yesterday morning and I wasn't hungry at all then it hit me like a wave of sleepiness at 3pm.

After the drops before 3pm I had a rush of energy and I had been very productive: clearing out my closet, organizing drawers, etc. Not eating gives you a lot of free time and I was on my feet all day doing things when usually I would have tried to relax and find something to watch on the Roku. Something to slow down.

Those B vitamins certainly do their thing! I was on the go but after I had lunch I realized I needed to eat more. I wasn't hungry, but I was feeling the effects of fatigue: blurred vision, slurred and disorganized speech (I was trying to talk to my mom and found myself using the wrong words over and over like a drunk person).

So when it was time for bed I knew I couldn't wait another 12 hours before food and I had a remaining 300 cals to eat after my walk to keep in line with my 700 cal diet (I earned around 200cals from walking), so I had ... a "bad" thing (non ASAP approved that is,). haha... split pea soup with bacon. I had 3/4 of the can and it helped me sleep and this morning I wasn't hungry until now, almost 1pm!

I know that the soup probably is what made me plateau since it was undoubtedly in my stomach still after I awoke, but I still feel like I wanted to make sure I maintain my 1lb/day average so today I am doing a modified plateau breaker day.


Right now I am eating an apple (I only have 3 left so I will have to modify the 6 apple/steak breaker). I guess it will be 4 clementines, 3 apples!  (the clementines are reallly small so I will have 4). I hope to come back tomorrow with a successful loss!


No comments:

Post a Comment